- One third of the world's population is fat.
- Fat people deserve basic human rights.
- Fat people are discriminated against.
- Fat is not ‘fault’.
- Fat is not a choice.
- If it was, nobody would be fat.
- Even if it was a choice, fat people would still deserve basic human rights.
- Studies show that verbal abuse does not result in weight-loss.
- Studies show that systemic bigotry results in weight-gain.
- There are dozens of medical problems and medications that result in weight-gain and inability to lose weight.
- Studies show that doctors are systemically biased against fat patients.
- Most doctors medically neglect fat people.
- Many doctors favour stomach mutilation surgery that has a high death toll in the few years after recovery.
- Many patients are denied necessary surgeries unless they submit to unnecessary stomach mutilation surgery first.
- Fat activism is not about beauty.
- Fat acceptance is about liberation from bigotry.
- Fat rights are about fighting for basic human rights for fat people.
- Fat acceptance benefits thin people too.
- Liberation from diet culture means a safer world for all bodies.
- Diet culture causes eating disorders in people of all body sizes.
- Diet culture starts showing up in young minds as early as THREE YEARS OLD.
- Eating disorders are THE deadliest psychiatric disorder.
- Fat people get anorexia too.
- Fat people are systemically excluded from receiving anorexia treatment.
- Dieting is a socially accepted form of starvation/anorexia.
- Starvation causes the body to hoard fat.
- Therefore, dieting causes weight-gain.
- Diets DO NOT WORK.
- Repeated life-long dieting/starvation/weight-loss results in repeated life-long weight-gain.
- People who diet more, gain more weight.
- All of the studies conducted by independent science make this claim.
- The only studies that don't are paid for by billion-dollar diet industry companies.
- The diet industry earned $71 BILLION in 2020 alone.
- If diets worked those billions would not be earned year in, year out.
- Big Diet earns Big Profits from Big Bullshit and Fat Bigotry.
- Examine your bigotries.
- Question why you hate fat and fat people?
- Ask who benefits from that hatred?
- Question who instilled that hatred within you?
- Stop treating fat people like the enemy.
- We are your allies. Join us and fight the real enemy.
- Fight the patriarchy. Fight capitalism. Fight the system. Fight fat hatred. Destroy Big Diet.
- Fat Acceptance is Punk As Fuck. Be Punk As Fuck. Be nice to fat people.
- Speak up against Fat Bigotry in every post, tweet, website, book, magazine, TV show, movie and conversation.
- Make it safe to be Fearlessly Fat.
National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA)
You’re wrong about
The Obesity Epidemic
Podcast by Michael Hobbes and Sarah Marshall https://player.fm/series/2295535/253166707
Image: M. Sunflower, Fearless Fat, 2020, instax digital scan, 59.4 x 42 mm. Courtesy the artist